Šargan eight (Šarganska osmica) is one of the most attractive tourist-museum railways in Europe among the narrow gage railroads. It used to connect Belgrade with Sarajevo and Dubrovnik and it was built in February 2nd, 1925. This extraordinary railway in the form of number 8 is 13.5 km long. There are 22 tunnels, 5 bridges and viaducts built there.
On the right and partly on the left bank of the River Drina, from the both sides of the River Rzav that flows into the Drina, among conical wooded hills there is the town Višegrad. The greatest attraction of the town is the bridge over the Drina built by Mehmed Paša Sokolović in 1571…
* Arrival in Bajina Bašta until 10.00am, depart for Mokra Gora.
* Visit to Wooden Town (ethno village on Mecavnik hill built by Emir Kusturica).
* Visit to the “Bele Vode” (White Water) spring (the spring with thermal water ideal for healing eye diseases – fifth best in Europe).
* Depart for Višegrad – visit to the bridge of Mehmed Paša Sokolović (famous novel of the Nobel prize winner Ivo Andrić was named after it – “The Bridge on the Drina”).
* Lunch at the hotel terrace nearby the bridge in Višegrad.
* Return back to Mokra Gora – the train Ćira drive – Šargan Eight – the most attractive narrow gage railroad in Europe (the railway station from 1925)
*Return. End of the tour.
Tour price: upon request
The package includes:
* Entrance fee for the ethno village Wooden Town built by Emir Kusturica
* Lunch at the hotel terrace nearby the bridge in Višegrad
* The train Ćira drive
The package does not include:
* Personal expenses
NOTE: Tour is organized only for closed groups of minimum 30 adult traveling passengers. The transportation charge is not included in the price since it depends on travel distancebetween your departure and destination. Transportation costs shall be subsequently determined.
Tour package organizer – company “Čiča Gliša” d.o.o – T.A. Taratours 80, Svetosavska St. 31250 Bajina Bašta, licensed OTP 242 since 12th February, 2010. T.A. Taratours General Terms and Conditions apply to all travel services.